Update on the tax credit for food bank donations from farmers:
On Tuesday, December 13, 2016, the Food Bank Tax Credit for Farmers was officially launched with all regulations in place.
For more detail, please click on this link Food_Bank_Tax_Credit_Guidelines.
Follow this link to read one of the many news reports from the official launch at Feed Nova Scotia.
As a reminder, this tax credit is retroactive to January 1, 2016.
Many of our members already donate to the food bank on a regular basis, and have done so for many years; we encourage everyone to consider helping those who otherwise may not have enough to eat!
(provided to HNS – click for list)
• Bosveld’s Fruit Farms Location: 183 Lamont Road, Lakeville
Hours: Opening by July 6 with flexible hours, generally daylight.
• Rendell’s U-pick Location: 95 Point Aconi Rd, Millcreek, B1Y1W4
Hours: Estimate opening time July 5th; 7am-7pm, 7 days a week
Contact: email – Rendellharleyjody8@aol.com
• Stirling’s Farm Location: 10317 Highway 1, Wolfville, NS B4P 2R2
Hours: Open daily 9am – 6pm
Contact: (902)-542-2789; email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://stirlingfruitfarms.ca/ ; Facebook (Click for link)
• Barteaux Farms Location: 806 Hwy 201, Moschelle
Hours: Open end of June on select days according to availability of berries. 8 am start till picked out
• Lore Farms Location: 5505 Upper Clyde Rd. Shelburne
Hours: 8am – noon and 4pm-6pm weekdays; 8am-6pm weekends and holidays
• Bob Ansems U-Pick Location: 1949 Lakewood Rd, Centreville
Hours: Every day, 8am – 8pm
Website: http://bobansemsupick.com/ Note: Price $1.50/ quart
• Spurr Brothers Farms Location: 144 Bridge Street, Kingston
Hours: Contact farm or check Facebook page for hours
Contact: (902)-765-4300 ; Facebook (Click for link)