- Greg Whitney – Past Chair (ex-officio)
- Brian Morse – Chair
- Matthew Whitney – Vice Chair
- William Spurr – Treasurer
- Arthur Woolaver – Director
The Marketing Board is administered as an independent Affiliated Group administered by annual agreement with Horticulture Nova Scotia (Association).
Each potato producer, whether of fresh market, processing or seed potatoes, must register with the Potato Marketing Board annually to legally grow more than two acres of potatoes in Nova Scotia.
To grade, pack and/or process potatoes in Nova Scotia, each person must hold a valid Packer’s Licence.
Every producer of more than 500 hundred weights of potatoes in Nova Scotia, whether fresh market, processing or seed potatoes, must remit a levy to the Nova Scotia Potato Marketing Board.
The regulations for the above may be viewed as follows:
- Marketing Plan: http://www.gov.ns.ca/JUST/REGULATIONS/regs/NPptatoP.htm
- Levy: http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/regulations/regs/NPptatoV.htm
- Licence: http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/regulations/regs/NPptatoL.htm
All decisions for the potato industry are conducted by the the Board of Directors, which reports to Nova Scotia potato producers at an annual meeting held in January of each year.